Wednesday, August 31, 2011

betrayal

You shattered my view of life
I thought I was safe from this kind of pain
I have enough physical torment
But you found a new way to wound me
My heart imploded when you spoke those words
How could you betray the one who loves you like no other, unconditionally
The one who cares for you
Raises your children
Treats you like a king
But I was the rubbish under your feet
You stepped on me, ground me deeper into the dirty floor
You broke my soul
I am cut so deep that I fear the gash will never heal
How can I ever feel safe again
I've heard it before, why should I believe you now
How do I know if you are deceiving me
I live in fear that I will find out a new terrible secret
One more time and I will fall off the cliff
I won't take it again, my heart wont bear it
It hurts to love someone this much
And in return, get an icy blade between the shoulders

No comments:

Post a Comment